TC Publisher ID for Symbian
Certificates from TC TrustCenter are placed into end-of-sale status. Read details at http://www.trustcenter.de/en/EOS-Notification.htm
About Symbian Signed
Symbian Signed is the resource for application signing for one or many Symbian OS mobile phones. Signing is the process of encoding a tamper-proof digital certificate into an application sis (installation) file. The certificate identifies the application’s origin, and grants access to those Capability-protected APIs in Symbian OS that the application declared at build-time. Here are several Capability examples:
- Access end users’ private data, thus potentially breaching privacy
- Potentially create billable events, thus costing the end user money
- Access the mobile phone network, potentially affecting its operation
- Access handset functions that can affect the normal behavior of the phone
- Potentially impact the performance of other applications running on the phone
There are four signing options and they are based on application deployment requirements.
- Open Signed Online is for people who wish to test or deploy their application to a particular phone (based on a single phone IMEI identifier).
- Open Signed Offline is for people who wish to test or deploy their application to particular phones (based on up to 1000 phone IMEI identifiers).
- Express Signed allows for commercial deployment and requires an application to adhere to a series of functional and performance tests.
- Certified Signed allows for commercial deployment and also requires the application to pass functional and performance tests through a Symbian Signed Test House.
Features & Benefits
- Official Symbian CodeSigning certificate
- Valid for 1 year
- Streamlined and proven application process
- Trustworthy verification of applicants
- Security and trust thanks to signed applications
With TC Publisher IDs and TC Content IDs for Symbian Signed, developers and test-houses can easily and cheaply sign Symbian applications or have them signed.
- The TC Publisher ID verifies the application’s author to the test-house, and
- The TC Content ID authenticates the Symbian application for use by end users and smartphones.
Price for a TC Publisher ID with 1 year validity: US$ 200,--
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Application and Issue
Simply apply online for your TC Publisher ID. Once it has been issued, you will receive an e-mail with detailed instructions on the documents you need to send for verification purposes.
As soon as we receive and have checked all documents, we issue you with your TC Publisher ID certificate. It is sent to you by e-mail with information about how to install it. We will send you a reminder before your certificate expires to give you time to apply for a follow-up certificate.
Please Note: To enroll online for a certificate it is required to generate a key pair on your PC locally. Therefore, please set browser options to allow ActiveX controls.
The download center offers you current information about the TC TrustCenter products and services.
Please register here for access to the download center.