CI Plus Device Credentials
To supply valuable services to use with consumer electronics, e.g. dedicated software updates or Premium content, certificate based device authentication provides a secure and reliable mechanism to ensure that only authorised devices are able to access and use these services.
CI Plus Device Credentials
CI Plus is a technical specification that adds additional security and features to the proven DVB Common Interface Standard that will allow CI Plus compatible consumer electronic devices, such as Integrated Digital Televisions and Set Top Boxes, access to a wide range of Pay TV Services via plug-in CI Plus Modules wherever the CI Plus Technology is supported by the local Pay TV Provider.
To ensure optimum security between the CA Module and the digital receiver, the new CI Plus standard uses a collection of established, industry accepted and validated techniques, including key management, device and message authentication and encryption.
As an exclusive Trust Authority for CI Plus LLP in Europe, TC TrustCenter assumes the roles of a certificate agent and registration partner for manufacturers who are implementing the new standard in their products. HOST or CAM manufacturers can order CI Plus compliant certificates, also called Device ID credentials, after having completed the on-boarding process to the CI Plus scheme and portal.
CI Plus Scheme and Portal On-Boarding
The on-boarding guideline gives a step-by-step explanation what the manufacturer has to do in order to be regarded as being CI Plus compliant. As a brief overview, the following steps have to be completed:
- Adopter signs Interim License Agreement (ILA)
- Adopter signs Certificate Supply Agreement (CSA)
- Adopter receives CD with the CI Plus License Specification and a set of test Device ID credentials
- Adopter acquires security tokens
- Adopter requests and receives the brand administrator credentials
- Test House verifies that a new Device Type is in accordance with the CI Plus specification
- Adopter completes and provides Registration Application and Robustness Certification Checklist
- Adopter provides details for the portal account creation
- Adopter gets access to the portal, is able to place purchase orders and can download the resulting certificate batch file with the Device ID credentials
All required forms for the on-boarding process can be downloaded from this web site.
To pass the first two On-Boarding steps please send two completed copies of the ILA and CSA, signed by an authorised company official, either by fax, as a scanned copy by email or via standard mail to the following address:
TC TrustCenter GmbH
CI Plus Service Manager